Hans Scharoun Bernhard Hans Henry Scharoun
Bernhard Hans Henry Scharoun is a German architect . Foucault Hering 's book, known for advocating organic architecture , had a great influence on Scharoun, moving away from the pre-formulated scheme of rationalism and developing architectural design from unique functional features in each case. It leans toward the method of letting it go. Known for his works such as the Berlin Philharmonie (concert hall) and Villa Schminke. "Scharoun" is also written as "Sharon".
In 1927, he participated in the design of Weissenhof Siedrunk, an apartment house built in Stuttgart , with Le Corbusier (later called the master of modern architecture), Mies van der Rohe , and Gropius . In the late 1920s, he was designing a vast apartment building in Siemensstadt, Berlin.
At the end of World War II , he was elected a member of the City Construction Council by the Allies and appointed to the post of Secretary of the Local Government Office for Construction and Housing. The exhibition at the site of the war-damaged Berlin City Palace , entitled "Berlin City Planning First Report," Scharoun presented his thoughts on rebuilding the city. However, when the east-west division of Berlin became clear, Scharoun became a politically floating entity.
After the war, Scharoun was blessed with the opportunity to realize his ideas during the war. Stuttgart high-rise apartments , Romeo and Juliet , Lünen's Geschwister Skoll Gymnasium , and the famous Berlin Philharmoniker .
The tower-shaped dwelling building (Romeo) on the 19th floor and the arc-shaped dwelling building (Juliet) on the 13th floor are arranged in contrast. It is an irregular plan with few right-angled parts , and the balcony is sharp and protrudes in all directions. Scharoun's architectural style, which was like the heir to Hering, moved away from rationalism , stereotypes , and forms , and shifted toward creating functional architecture that was tailored to the situation, and Germany throughout the first half of the 20th century. It continues to influence the architectural culture of Germany. Positioned as an organic architecture.
The designer is Hans Scharoun . It was completed in 1963. The hall is a pentagonal building with a large vineyard-shaped hall with a capacity of 2,440 seats and a chamber music hall with a capacity of 1,180 people.
Music is the focus . This is the basic policy from the beginning. This idea, which should be the main idea, should not only give shape to the new Philharmonie Hall in Berlin, but should also be the highest priority in the planning of the entire building. The orchestra and conductor are spatially and visually central . There is no separation between the "creator" and the "receiver", and we find an audience community that is intimate, can share the atmosphere of creating music directly and together. Human beings, music and space gather in a new relationship. The tent-like ceiling is an empty landscape to the landscape of the earth. The ceiling, which resembles a convex tent , made efforts to diffuse the sound as much as possible and to reach the short waves of sound.
Rather than facing the performer and the audience as seen in a shoebox-shaped hall , the audience naturally built a relationship that surrounds the performer . It was thought that the hall had to be designed from the inside to the outside based on the requirements of the interior space. The exterior walls were reduced to an exposed concrete paint finish, but were later covered with metal panels in the 1980s.
A pipe organ is installed above the upper side (right side) facing the stage. The hinamatsuri on the stage rises in a pantograph manner. Most of the recent halls are elevator type, but this method was adopted because there was not enough space under the stage because this device was installed after the hall opened.
The Berlin State Library is a library run by the Prussian Cultural Foundation . It is nicknamed Stabi by the people of Berlin. Founded in 1661 by Friedrich Wilhelm , Duchy of Prussia. The Royal Library of Berlin in 1701 and the National Library of Prussia (renamed to Prussia National Library ) in 1918. The first building of Unter den Linden , which was completed in 1913, and Potsdam in West Berlin because Unter den Linden became East Berlin. Building 2, which was newly built on the street in 1978, is the main facility.
~ Related architectural ideas ~